Tuesday, September 4, 2012

But I just really love Chick-Fil-A

Okay, folks, you who are also Facebook friends know I don't typically get into politics on that forum. I don't like the controversy and the ability people have to comment so easily. That said, I'll post here as much political stuff as I want... which still won't be that much. I found this gem on pinterest the other day and I love, love, love it.
I can't think of a better way to truly express how I feel about the Chick-Fil-A controversy. It's not that I'm blissfully ignorant: it's that I'm fully aware that being ignorant is bliss. I like when people stand up for what they believe in, but I also like it when they're consistent. In an effort to assist you all I've compiled (and by compiled I mean I've googled) lists of companies you can no longer support. If you stand with Chick-Fil-A and support their stance on traditional marriage, here are some companies you should also no longer affiliate yourselves with: Levi's, American Apparel, Nike, Microsoft, American Airlines, Apple, Google, Starbucks, Boeing, IBM, Ben & Jerry's (friggin' hippies),General Mills, Target (made both lists, somehow, so no one should shop there I guess) Where are you fools going to buy your computers???? If you plan to BOYCOTT Chick-Fil-A because of their stance on gay marriage (which, bt-dubs, they're a Christian company that's closed on Sunday, why was this so shocking? Anyone? Anyone????) here is a list of companies for you to avoid: Urban Outfitters (shocking, right?), Exxon Mobil, WalMart, A-1 Self Storage, The Salvation Army, Amway (I might use this as an excuse to avoid the MLM), Target (RIP, Taget, no one can shop there any more) Listen, my point in all this is not to convince anyone of anything other than if we REALLY got into the nitty gritty of what corporations support and what corporations DO, we couldn't shop anywhere. Just consider this the next time you take a social stance... and be consistent. YAY for chicken!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment